Currently seeking Hospice Admissions Nurses for a great opportunity in the Chicago, IL area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years of nursing experience.
- Admit patients to hospice, provide initial services to new patients and liaise with the next point of care.
- Provide appropriate and pertinent patient education to the patient/family according to the Plan of Care to facilitate optimal patient and family comfort and support in life limiting illness.
- Appropriately document and communicate all required information in accordance with agency policies and procedures, accreditation, regulation, and legal requirements.
- After admission, effectively and appropriately communicate with primary care RN assigned to patient.
- Annually continue personal development to enhance practice and profession.
- Organize and perform work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain and adjust schedule to enhance program performance.
- Maintain and promote customer satisfaction.
- Perform extensive driving.
Requirement of the Hospice Admission Nurse
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, either through an AD, Diploma, or BSN program required
- Current license to practice professional nursing required
- 2 years of nursing experience required
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Continuing education and generous tuition reimbursement
- A supportive, collaborative and fun work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.00 /hour