Large hospice agency seeks an experienced nurse practitioner to work in collaboration with the patient, primary care physician, medical director, and other palliative care team members in an active practice to deliver palliative care and related health care services to patients and families.
- Perform bedside palliative care patient/family evaluation: assists with diagnosis and management of acute and chronic health conditions.
- Assist in care coordination for palliative care referrals.
- Prepare and maintain accurate patient records. Chart and document to support sound medical practice and reimbursement for services provided.
- Works with other staff in developing the palliative care program.
- Recommends medications, treatments, and durable medical equipment.
- Supports and creates marketing and community education resources in advancing the Palliative Care Program.
- Provides training and continuing education to staff in collaboration with the education department.
- Assists in development of clinical practice guideline/standards/policies/procedures in support of quality palliative care.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree in advance practice nursing
- Training in hospice and palliative care and pain and symptom management
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of Illinois
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse preferred
- 2-3 year’s experience as an advanced practice nurse in the palliative healthcare setting
Hospice experience strongly preferred. Hospice training provided when needed.
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Continuing education and generous tuition reimbursement
- A supportive, collaborative and fun work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $98,000.00 to $110,000.00 /hour
|Job Category||Full Time|