SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR:
We have partnered with one of the Western suburbs premiere skilled nursing facilities to find them an experienced Social Services Director for their 100 bed facility. Facility boasts a 4 star medicare rating.
The ideal candidate will plan, organize, develop, coordinate, conduct, document and evaluate the Social Service programs in accordance with current Federal, State, and Local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies and as may be directed by the Administrator, to meet individual resident needs in coordination and conjunction with overall facility goals.
JOB DESCRIPTION- SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR:
- Review the Department’s policy and procedure manual, job descriptions, etc. – at least annually for revisions and make recommendations to the Administrator.
- Communicates with hospital social service department regarding resident admission data and diagnosis, transfer of records and Medicare or Insurance requirements.
- Collect all social data which is part of the resident’s assessment and social history.
- Assist in developing a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the social service problems/needs of the resident.
- Attends and actively participates in resident care plan conference
- Councils residents and families
- Report all concerns, complaints made by the resident or their family to the Administrator.
- Contact community resources for the purpose of resident referral.
JOB REQUIREMENTS- SOCIAL SERVICE DIRECTOR:
- BA/BS preferred in related areas (Education, Social Work, Recreational)
- One year work experience with a geriatric population in a skilled nursing facility
- Must be knowledgeable of Social Service procedures, as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to nursing home operation.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /hour