NURSE PRACTITIONER- HOSPICE CARE
Highland Park, IL
Fast growing hospice agency on the North Shore seeks an experienced nurse practitioner to work in collaboration with the patient, primary care physician, medical director, and other palliative care team members in an active practice to deliver palliative care and related health care services to patients and families.
Hospice experience strongly preferred. Hospice training provided when needed. Must be willing to travel within a 20 mile radius of the Highland Park area.
- Provide clinical practice oversight and management in accordance with state specific nurse practice law for patients in the hospice and palliative care setting.
- Work under a collaborative practice agreement with the hospice Medical Director and team physicians
- Collaborate with the attending physician, specialists and non-physician providers as applicable for the purpose of coordination of care to effectively meet the medical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient.
- Performing face to face certification and re-certification visits.
- Gathering clinical data for re-certification and submitting to physician or medical
- Performing comprehensive physical assessments.
- Performing case management functions and overseeing discharge planning.
- Maintaining current patient records in order to clearly state problems, plans,actions, goals and changes to patient’s status as they occur.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- NP license.
- Nursing experience preferably within Hospice specialty.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned service area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
|Job Category||Full Time|